Friday, December 10, 2010

Stringing Popcorn

The kids asked if I ever strung popcorn when I was little the other day and I had told them "No."  This got me thinking, what fun childhood tradition to start with the kids, so that is just what we did tonight...string popcorn!! I was a little stressed about doing this with the mess that I KNEW would occur, the melt downs because someone (Hayley) couldn't do it right, or the lack of attention span of both kids. Don't worry, I took a deep breath (OK, several deep breaths) and went with the flow. The kids LOVED it....strung popcorn for over 2 hours-I had to make them stop!!

Hayley didn't let her breathing treatment stop her from stringing

Hunter was so proud of his 1st strand



hard work is starting to pay off



Hayley wanted to make a necklace..she is so crazy!

is that a mouth full of popcorn?


the final product......
It's kinda hard to see, but the kids did this and let me tell you, its beautiful. All 6 strands that are placed spurradically on the tree!!! I LOVE IT so much that the OCD in me is not going to move a single thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment