Friday, April 16, 2010

barn/trusses

Brian and I have been working on the barn for what seems forever-we haven't done too bad, considering that its just been the two of us for the most part, Pop and Pa do come to help sometimes. I am really proud of how I have learned and the things that I have done: getting on top of the roof--it's 11' from the ground on the short end and its VERY STEEP--lifting some heavy, long boards up and holding them in place. I keep telling Brian that either I am earning my keep or really crazy....just don't know what one yet! The trusses were delivered on Wednesday and he is planning on setting them Saturday (too bad I "have" to be at Women of Joy all weekend). I am excited to see how much progress he makes while I am gone. After the trusses get set, we are on the homestretch--just metal and a few little things left!! I will thankful when this "little" project gets done!! It's gonna be the prettiest little hay storage/feed barn on Mitchell Lane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment