Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

It was the first time that the kids and Brian flew and they were beyond excited. I was kinda nervous because I didn't know how Hayley would do with her ears and motion sickness, and I could just see me being torn between 2 sick kids and a hubby. Thankfully, that was not the case. I invested in the Motion Sickness bands (thanks Amy for the idea) and some medicine and made sure they all took this before we left.
I couldn't help but laugh because the 3 of them were practically running down the aisles to get to the ticket counter
This is our plane, it was little and seated about 250--it was very nice!
Since we had to be there so early, 2 hours before to do all the check in things, we had plenty of "wait time."  The kids were excited that they had no time limits on their Game Boys or iPods, it is vacation after all right?!
Boarding the plane

Our seats were wonderful...2 and 2 right next to the window!! Brian was more excited about that then anything else!!

Hayley was easily entertained with a coloring book, crayons and her iPod!
We looked out our window and spotted our luggage (the bright YELLOW bags!) I made sure those bags made it onto the plane.
Take Off!! It was so funny, wish I had video taped it. The kids and Brian were giggling like there was no tomorrow!!

The view was AMAZING!!! I couldn't get over how things looked. Hunter was in awe, kept telling me it looked like a Micro Machine Town!!



I really can't begin to understand or grasp how someone could question if there is a God after looking at all the creations!! It simply is amazing and breath taking!



We arrived in Ft Lauderdale about 12:00, it was  about a 2 hours 10 minutes flight and went very smoothly. Pictures below are us arriving in Florida


It was really neat to see these wing thingies come up as the plane was slowing down after our smooth landing at Ft Lauderdale Airport!
This is their Sheriff car..seriously!! I had to laugh, I could just see them pulling up and making an arrest and then trying to get them in the back of the car!!

No comments:

Post a Comment