Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cruise- Day 3

It was so nice to sleep in (10:00 for the kids) since we were worn out from our fun day in Nassau. We really didn't have anything planned today but playing in the pool/water park and soaking up the sun!! Lunch started with yet another yummy selection, this time was from the "Mongolian Grill" and was well worth the long line that Hayley and I stood in!!
 Brian took a little nap out on the deck while the kids played and I read my book. This is something that is a rarity--seeing him relax like this, he needed this vacay as much if not more then I did!!

 The Ocean was beautiful and so calm--I could sit for hours and just watch and listen to it.



 I decided that since it was our last night on the cruise that I wanted to try the dining room. At this point, if I saw another hamburger, pizza, hot dog, chicken tender, fries or sub sandwich I was going to scream. The kids and Brian were content eating this and made sure they took full advantage of this being offered 24/7.
We got all cleaned up (which is a rarity in itself) and headed to the main dining room. I was a bit nervous because you never know when a meltdown is coming from the kids (they have been beyond well behaved and off any schedule at this point) and then you have Brian who is Mr. Meat and Potatoes only!

 The food was good--not what I expected, very small portions! We both had spinach artichoke dip for appetizers and Brian had a steak (the size of our hamburgers at home!) with fresh steamed veggies. I had ordered a chicken breast with rice and steamed veggies and ate the whole thing. The kids had a cheese pizza and fruit and chicken tenders and fries. Wish we would of known we could of asked for another plate, but that OK, we hit the 24 hour food line as soon as we left!
 Hayley loves to dance and will do so at any chance she gets. The wait staff always does a little dinner dance and our sweet waiter asked if she would like to dance with them. She was a hoot to watch---I see a little dancer in our future!
 The kids went back to Camp (told you they would rather be there then with us!) and I took advantage of this and started packing somethings up. When we picked up the kids they had these really neat shirts that they got to color and sign.
Since it was our last evening on the ship we decided to let splurge and let the kids get a smoothie in these cool cups--Hunter had a monkey out of a coconut and Hayley has a disco ball, fitting right?
And this is what we were greeted with when we finally headed back to our room for our last nights slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment