Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dress Shopping

We headed to David's Bridal today with Aunt Erin and her wedding party to pick out dresses for her wedding. It was right up Hayley's alley, she is beyond excited to get all dolled up. I sometimes wonder whose child she is, not mine...I perfectly happy with my "farm clothes".  I had aimed to take all kinds of pictures, but that was blown out the window with all the confusion and chaos of trying on dresses. I did get a few pics.

Erin knew she wanted persimmon color dresses, other then that we had free choice on the styles.
Grandma helped Hayley pick out a couple to try on. The sizes of the dresses were very limited--they only had certain sizes in and it seemed that if you liked a dress, your size was missing, so you had to guess on what to do---order a smaller size (hope you fit in it) or a bigger size (hope they can do alterations)
This was the first dress Hayley tried on and she LOVED it!! I, on the other hand, not all that crazy about it. Like I was saying the sizes are limited, this is a 6 and needs to be taken up on the top, straps and in on the sides. She did try on other dresses but literally had a melt down, complete with tears to get this dress. Aunt Erin saved the day (against my wishes) and told her that she was going to be wearing this dress on her wedding day. Guess I will have to allow that since it is HER wedding!!

 I tried on the only dress they had in my size, so this is the style of my dress without alterations.

Grace is Brian's niece and is ALL GIRL. She was cracking me up running in front of the mirrors with her flower girl dress on.

 Charlotte Mae is going to be a junior flower girl--she is the cutest thing ever! I am so glad that she came because that kept Hayley entertained for me!
 Dresses are ordered and will be in at then end of August. Then we will move on to the next step, alterations and shoes for us girls, and fitting the boys for their suits. It's starting to all come along and I can't believe that time is flying by, only 139 more days til my little/big sister is married off!!!! I am so excited for her and Brian. I hope he is ready to join our crazy family--its still not too late to call it off....JUST KIDDING

No comments:

Post a Comment