Saturday, January 1, 2011

A whole lot of 1's

I was just informed by Hunter that today is 1-1-11...that's a whole lot of 1's!! Yes, he is full of useless information and is always sharing his knowledge with us, we are blessed.

  I hope that each of you all had a fun and safe New Year's Eve last night. The kids and I partook in our traditional celebration, pizza, cokes and the Wii. Tynan and Truell came down and joined us, we are blessed with such fun neighbors! Nothing too exciting for some, but they both seem to love this and we have done it the past 2 years and will continue to do so.
The kids and I did stay up until 12:00 to see the ball drop, they were so excited all day long about being able to stay up late and being able to camp out in the living room, it's the little things in life! It was the first time that they both had made it to see the ball drop and I had to laugh because they really didn't understand or comprehend it all.Who knows what they were expecting! Both kids kept saying, "That's all"  We called Brian at midnight to tell him "Happy New Year and to be safe" and turned in for the night!! Kids and I both slept until 10:00....what a wonderful way to start the year!
 Guess I am getting old when you don't get excited about NYE and worry about being out and the worst case scenario happening and your lives instantly changing right before your eyes. I worry enough about Brian having to work that night and for the past two years the weather has been nasty, snow and ice last year and rain this year! Needless to say I don't sleep very well that night. He got home safely about 10 this morning and is in the bed until he gets called out again...praying not for a while, he is one tired Daddy!
Today we are just hanging out, enjoy our lazy day inside since its still raining and muddy. I've been cleaning out closets, drawers, cabinets. Hunter and Hayley have been playing the Wii and board games. Wouldn't have it any other way, all my family safely home under one roof! Thinking that a nap is going to be in order for this Momma later!
Truell and Hunter playing Wii
It can't be an official holiday without Oreo Balls. Crazy Clemens look what you have started in my house!!
Hayley and Tynan made Oreo Balls
                                             
LOVE the look on Tynan's face

Poor Truell had to help her shoot
                          
Me and my gal

2 of the  3 loves of my life...Brian's missing

Tynan busted out PINK on the karaoke machine

The boys played Battleship

The girls played Twister


I hope and pray that you have a wonderful 2011 filled with health, happiness and God's abundant blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment