Sunday, January 2, 2011

Does he know he's a boy?

The kids couldn't wait to get home and eat lunch after church so we could head to the barn to work some more with the horse! Lighting did very well being hitched all last night and seemed much calmer today. I think that we are going to continue to do every other day for a week. Today it was Hayley's job to brush him out, she is still a little hesitant around him, says he is so big, (I have to laugh because the horse she rode last year is twice the size of Lighting!) so I am s-l-o-w-l-y giving her "jobs" to do!
 .
Hayley's job was to brush Lighting 

 

 It's still so muddy out I wanted to try and braid his mane today to help keep it clean and less tangled. Hayley kept asking me "Does he know he's a boy?" She was stressing out because I was braiding a boys hair!! I told her that we wouldn't tell Lighting and neither would the other horses. Hoping tomorrow to get a chance to braid his tail and tie it up...that might get interesting and make for a good post!

Braided mane

No comments:

Post a Comment