Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Twas the night before School

As I type this there are so many thoughts running thru my head but mainly its that I have a 4th and 2nd grader...WOW!!! Time is flying so quick...seems like just yesterday they both were born and starting Kindergarten now Hunter only has 2 more years til Middle School!
We have been on our school routine (in bed by 8:30 with lights out) since Sunday night (Yes, I am that Mom who LOVES routine...I am OCD about it, just ask my kids, they will gladly tell you) and its been going swimmingly and I am knocking on wood as I type.
 Hunter is the type of kid who can stay up til 9:30ish and wake up at 7 with no problems, takes him a good 10-20 minutes to get moving but after that its all good. Hayley, God love her, is like her Momma....LOVES SLEEP...we are talking 11-12 hours daily. When she gets her full amount of sleep, she is so pleasant to be around, if not better watch out!  Both kids have been so ready for school to start for a while now so its so easy with getting them to bed and they have been waking up on time as well. Praying that our meltdowns are minimal tomorrow!

We packed got our lunches packed, all but the sandwiches and Daddy decided that he would write a special note on their treats. He is always getting the kids worked up joking with them--I can't wait to hear them tell us about their lunches after reading these in front of their friends. Funny thing is that he wants Hayley to read about Hunter and vise verse


We had to get everything (clothes, backpacks, lunchboxes) ready and laid out so that we can see if we are forgetting anything in the morning. Just another sign of my OCD
 I had to laugh because the kids had their clothes laid out since Sunday night for the next 5 days of school but I made them put them up. They are trained well...clothes out for the next day and book bags packed and on table the night before! Hayley's biggest meltdown tonight....what earrings to wear and how she is going to fix her hair...LORD HELP ME!!



 I am honestly looking forward to this year, its already looking to be an exciting one! Hunter's teacher is new and expecting TWINS in February and Hayley is excited about having Mrs. Kinzel.  With me being in the school so much (subbing and doing the parent thing), I have made some amazing teacher friends who are always checking on my kids, haven't decided if this is good or bad?!?! Seriously, its always comforting to know that you are leaving your kids in good hands and with several other "mother's" who can fill in when I can't! This has given me a great peace of mind especially when Hayley started school and all her medical problems. I can't imagine my kids going anywhere but Taylorsville, its seriously a small town "Cheers"...everyone knows your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment