Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day of School

The kids were so excited about the First Day of School and all went swimmingly well! Our morning was rather smooth, no real melt downs (Hayley's was who was she going to chose to sit by at lunch) just the rolling of the eyes and complete and utter embarrassment that I have to take pictures  of "everything"--I had PROMISED a 8:00 bedtime if there were any and it must have worked.
Brian had been off the whole week before and HAD to go back on Tuesday night (He works from 11p-7a) and had gotten a late call,  so this was the first time that he missed them getting ready/taking them to school with me. It felt kinda different without him here but we sent lots of pictures and called him lots.  I'm truly blessed with an AMAZING husband who is so hands on and LOVES to do things and make our "milestones" so important and special.
Guess it's just the ages (9 and 7)  that both kids are getting at and are starting to try (KEYWORD....try) to develop an attitude about things (pictures). Just look at the facial expressions on Hunter's face ( and the way Hayley thinks (again, KEYWORD) she is sassy. Poor kids, they have no idea of the awaking and intervention that is going to happen in their lives! Sometimes I think that they are going to cause me and an early death or more gray hairs (Thank you to my girl Susan, who makes them all go away!)



 A quick picture of me and my babies who are growing up too fast!


 I have taken the kids picture every year in front of the school sign every year since Hunter has started school at Taylorsville.
Hunter 1st day of school
4th grade
8-10-11

Hayley 1st day of school
2nd grade
8-10-11



 Last year both kids wanted to be dropped off in the car rider line and walk into the gym, that DIDN'T happen. I have to walk them to the gym and take pictures of them with their classes and friends. This year Hunter RAN to the gym (oh to be 9 again) and Hayley went by herself. I was busy in the office checking in her meds and signing more medical papers and then went down and found them..HA--like they were getting rid of me that easy!



Hayley and Belle Waldridge

 


Hayley with Bonnie and Kerrigan
 
Abigail Shouse and Hunter
(I have a picture of them together everyday since Kindergarten)



Since Hunter started Kindergarten, I have been blessed that I get to spend the 1st day of school  at school as well. I started out volunteering in the classrooms and that has been a real treat, and now I am keeping myself busy subbing..... I LOVE getting to see all my "kids" that I have had in the classroom.  For the past 3 years I have spent my "first day of school" in Ms. Sweazy and Mrs. Forberger's room..that is my home away from home!



Mrs. Kinzel's class
(Hayley's class)
 I snuck upstairs to take a picture of Hunter in his classroom (I am SO not cool for doing this) but all "my kids" were excited to see me! *don't know why these pictures won't flip..its driving me crazy*


 This year is full of lots of changes for both kids, they are not with their main group of friends (Hayley is not with Bonnie and Samantha (she has been since K), and  Hunter is not with Hunter, Caden and Madison (again all together since K). I am excited that this will let them experience new friendship and grow in other ways but still sad to think about them not all being together.  
Hayley will still get to choose 2-3 friends to eat (peanut free) lunch together at her table, this was her biggest meltdown this morning, who was she going to choose--its a given that Bonnie is ALWAYS a choice, followed by Samantha or Belle. I was proud when I walked over to the lunch room and she has friended the new little girl (I already forgot her name) who just moved here and included her. Happy Momma

Samantha. Bonnie. Hayley and ??


It was a successful First Day for all of us, we were worn out and in the bed fast asleep by 8:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment