Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bus #9

I broke down and FINALLY let the kids ride the bus to school this morning. It was a huge step, but you gotta start somewhere, right??? Slowly, but surely!!! There are so many reasons that the only time they have been on a bus has been for field trips and Brian and I have been with them, Yes we are that type of parents, get over it!! 
1) I love my kiddos  2) We live so far out and the roads are crazy 3) 1 hr was too long of a ride to and from school (this year they are on bus for 35 minutes)  4) Bus driver last year was crazy (got a new driver this year)--she would run you off the road! 5) Hayley was in Kindergarten and too little (she is now in 1st and Hunter is older too)  6) I was worried about Hayley's allergic reactions on the bus (she is doing great with all her routines and knows how to handle if a reaction should occur)

The kids have been begging me to let them ride, so I talked it over with Brian and we have came to the conclusion that they will ride the bus to school in the mornings unless the following:  It's anything other then sunny, there is a problem or I just want to take them!!  If all goes well this year they will be riding to and fro, but we shall see!! I will still pick them up from school.

Poor things were so excited they could hardly sleep last night and up and at 'em without me having to go in twice to wake them up!! They knew that they better do what I ask or there will be NO bus (hmmm, this could work to my benefit :) It wasn't 7:30 and they both were pacing the house wanting to know if it was time to walk to the end of the drive (yes they pick you up at the end of the drive b/c the houses are spaced so far apart) and wait for the bus. The bus doesn't get them until 8:00 (this is the time I normally leave to take them to school) Bless their little hearts, they were excited!!

On the walk to the end of the drive they had a few rules:
You MUST sit together
NO fighting, hitting, etc.
You WILL smile when I take your picture getting on the bus
and the most important one:
Find Mrs. Clemens AS SOON AS you get to school so she can call me and let me know you made it safely!If you don't there is NO bus tomorrow (once again working in my advantage!!) 
(I got a call at 8:33 from saying they made it there safely, Thank You Jesus (Stacy too!!)

thought this was a cool picture opp this morning

Waiting for the bus
That is Hayley's hand waving, it's kind of hard to see



It was so sweet, all the kids were excited to see them this morning when the bus doors opened I could hear "Sit here, Hunter" "Sit here, Hayley" in between all the laughter and squeals that goes on during a bus ride. Don't worry they were sitting with each other--they knew better!! I can't wait to hear about how their ride to school was.

No comments:

Post a Comment