Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Wethington style

and we know what that means...we S-T-R-E-A-C-Hout any and all holidays for at least 3 days if not more! When you have so many people who love you and are in 3 states, you start to get your goodies days before and days after the real holiday. Don't worry, that just makes it more fun and exciting to see what you next!! It's a wonderful feeling to be loved so much--we are truly blessed with a large family!


First off was going thru all the loot that the kids collected from school yesterday. Both got a big kick out of guessing who each card was from and seeing the different types. I was very impressed with how most of the students wrote both who they were to and from their selves---that is a whole school lesson in itself (think I will save that for a 'rainy day' blog) Hayley was able to read what all her cards said on the front and who they were from...she is becoming quite the reader!



Then we had a pile of cards that came in the mail we had to open. Grandma and Grandpa Fisher, GG and Gramps,Grandma and Grandpa Farnsley, Granny, Aunt Erin and Uncle Brian, Aunt Carol and Uncle Kim, Aunt Debby and Uncle Kelvin--I am sure there are more that I have forgotten and I am sorry!


SAVING THE BEST FOR LAST.....

Brian has been working like crazy since we have had all this snow and there are crews out of town. He opted not to travel this time, staying back and filling in the shifts for those who are gone. Right now he is on 16-18 hour days and has been since February 1st, and has yet to have a day off. This could go on for a couple of weeks. He has been able to come home every 3 days to get clean clothes, a hot shower and meal and sleep in his bed for about 3 hours and then he is back at it again. This is what he brought me last night when he finally got to come home at midnight.....


You got that right, he brought me a dozen roses!!! I was totally surprised and shocked--this is not like him at all. See it's proof he really does think about me and loves me! He wouldn't admit to doing this so that is why I had to take pictures!!! As you can tell, we don't do the flower thing around here...to me that is just a waste of money. Don't get me wrong, the though is nice and it's is nice to get them when you least deserve it! I had to hurry up and try to find a vase...well living on a farm we don't have those things just sitting around--so this is what I can up with.....
Yes, that is a calf bottle..you can quit laughing now!!
That is just how we roll out here in the country~

No comments:

Post a Comment