Tuesday, November 1, 2011

KCCT Recognition

Thursday afternoon was the KCCT recognition program and I was SO excited that I was able to attend. I wouldn't of missed this for anything (I turned down working so that I could attend) because it was all Hunter talked about for over a week....getting his medals.
Each child that scored a a proficient or distinguished on their test are recognized with an award, pictures and name of the Wall of Fame (like a Senior picture with Olympic medals). Hunter scored PROFICIENT on both areas tested, reading and math!! I AM SO PROUD
Each child's name was called and they got to be all official and shake hands with Mr. Abell

 
LOVE how proud he is!
Later that evening was the annual cookout/balloon toss. The weather was nasty/rainy/cold and I was hoping that it was going to be canceled because I was not looking forward to being out in the cold. Needless to say that the kids were super pumped and our staff is AWESOME about keeping their promises and braved the kids, cold and water balloons.
 Mr. Abell (their principal) was in charge of grilling hot dogs. I made sure  to get a picture of this because I am always teasing him that he never does anything but wander the halls. Good thing, Mr. Rick and Ms. Suchy were there supervising him, he needed it!!

After our lovely dinner the kids headed outside and waited for their class and names to be called for their balloons. A proficient earned your 2 balloons and a distinguished earned you 1 balloon.


The teachers making a game plan
The teachers at TES are AWESOME...they are always going way beyond to encourage and reward the students for their hard work. I am not so sure that I would stand out in the cold and let me students throw water balloons at me. Brave people.
Hunter was so excited about his turn he could hardly wait.
Mr Seabolt was brave enough to give the kids their unpopped balloons back. Well,. Hunter took it as advantage and was going to nail him with one, he got lots of cheers from his peers.

POOR, WET, TEACHERS

All in all it was worth braving the cold to see how excited everyone was over our scores and achievements. Hunter is already making his game plan of teachers to hit for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment