Sunday, January 17, 2010

RIP Ms. Jo Jo


It really saddens me to think that yet another wonderful person who we love so much has passed. Mrs. JoJo lost her long battle with Cancer on Thursday. While we are saddened, we are also rejoicing that she is no long so sick. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Donnie, Becky, Rome, Emily, Spencer, Tim, Jan, Shelby, Sydney, Rhonda and Glenn. We love you guys-

Hayley loved Jo Jo so much and from the moment that we met them at church they were instant buds. Always checking in on each other and praying that they have good health days, every Sunday Hayley had a picture or card that she had made to cheer her up, we even stopped in to visit with her on the way home from our allergy shots...it was something that we always looked forward to!

When Hayley came to me saying that she wanted to cut her hair and donate it to LOCKS OF LOVE in her honor I was moved to tears. I made an hair appointment the next day, we cut 10 1/2 inches off and had to make a special trip to see Jo Jo on the way home to show her!!



Hayley & Jo Jo 10/2009

I was telling the kids that she had passed and as I was wiping the tears from Hayley she asked "Do you think that she is wearing my hair in heaven and do you think she can give Ms. Dortha a hug from me?" Talking about making my heart melt---sometimes it's out of the mouths of babes that we find comfort in difficult situations!

Although Jo Jo may be gone, she will not be forgotten! We love you and miss you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment