Sunday, June 2, 2013

Last day of school

I was super excited that I was allowed (Brian let me go since I stayed home the previous day) to go to Awards day, but at the same time I was torn as well. This has been the first year in 5 years that I have not worked the last day of school and field day, its one of my favorite days of the year and not just because its the last day of school. I love to see the growth of the kids from start to finish.


Both Hunter and Hayley did AWESOME this year, we had a trying year at times and it was the prayers from our family and friends that got us thru and we all have grown from this. I was a proud Momma, almost to the point of embarrassed, because they were getting every award possible. A teacher asked me if we brought the trailer to bring home all their awards with. I am beyond blessed that school comes easily for them and they love it (thus far) it WASN'T that  way with Brian and I!!




Hunter's award list:
-no lost paws all year
-shuttle run 1st place 5th grade boys
-5th grade Diploma (WOO HOO!)
-outsanding behavior
-AR points 254.9
-DUKE TIP member
-A/B Honor Roll (he got his 1st B ever this semester)
-numerous track metals for PR and palcements

Map scores were great--had a 9pt growth in Math, 6pt growth in Reading, 4pt growth in Language Usage,.
Star Reading GE (grade equivalent) is 7.2, 73%tile
Star Math GE 7.4, 80%tile



Hayley's award list:
-no paws
-shuttle run 2nd place 3rd grade girls
-outstanding behavior
-AR points 130 (highest in 3rd grade)
-A Honor Roll

Map scores were great: 11 point growth in Math, 10 point growth in Reading, 6 point in Language Usage
 
CLASS  OF 2020



What a proper way to end the morning then a balloon realese in honor of Dawson, so beautiful, peaceful and fitting.




Bittersweet to watch it all come to and end as Hunter completed his last day of elementary school and Hayley's last day of 3rd grade, This has been a very hard and challenging year in every area: physically, academically, spiritually, maturely and emotionally. We were faced with situations beyond our control and no doubt were life changing. I am one blessed and proud Momma on how both kids handled these. Friendships that were made and tested this year are priceless and I hope will last forever. I am so proud of the young persons you are both becoming. Daddy and I love you more then you will ever know!! Here's to the next chapter of your life.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment