Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving


It was such a beautiful day and we have so much to be thankful for this year. If anything, this year has taught me so much and reminded me of just how precious life and family is. After seeing how sick Gramps was and for so long and helping out by sitting with him during the day when I can is something that I will always hold close to my heart. The way that all the Hens and Chicks did whatever it was to take care of GG and Gramps was something that brought tears to my eyes. Yes we are a big family and that sometimes has is curse. Our is nothing short of a blessing, I am so proud to be part of the most giving and caring family there is.  The marriage vows, "in good time and bad, in sickness in health, richer and poorer" are something the GG and Gramps are a true testimony to!
 
This past year there has been so much death and sickness that has affect our family. The kids and I  have friends who have lost loved ones so suddenly and have been touched to deeply by cancer this year that it just plain SUCKS!!
  There is a little boy in Hunters class, Dawson, who has been diagnosed with brain cancer and has been given months to live. Blake is a 6 yr old from Mt Eden who has brain cancer as well.  I will never take for granted my health or the health of my kids again!
 
First up was breakfast at Ma and Pa's

 
 
crazy cousins wrestling
Then we headed across the River to Aunt Debby's for the Spitznagel side. Such a beautiful day and we are so thankful for that. The kids had a blast playing football and riding bikes all over the neighborhood.

 
I wonder if its routine for everyone to receive directions on eating before saying the blessing?! When you have a large family and several with food allergies, you always have to give instructions. Gotta love the Hens!! I tried to take a picture of our prayer circle, it brought tears to my eyes--to see that jut because 2 people (GG and Gramps) fell in love and started our family and it continues to grow. We are truly blessed 

 
After we all ate it was so nice to sit around and catch up with the cousins. I love the fact that even tho we don't get home for every holiday, the cousins pick up right where they left off. I love watching how close my kids are to their cousins and the bonds that they will always have
 
 
GG and I decided that we needed to hold down this couch, bellies full and ready for a nap. I love getting to chat with her one on one. I try to call her once and week and check on her.

 
Gramps was feeling and looking good!!
 

This is the only picture I have of Brian and I the whole day...oops!






















No comments:

Post a Comment