Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Tree

Life has been so hectic lately, that I am 5 days late in putting my tree up this year! I always put it up on November 1st, but not this year. It was stressing me out too--so glad that I finally got it up and the kids did an awesome job decorating it as always.
People think that I am crazy for having my tree up so early, I LOVE it. We used to wait until 2 weeks before Christmas and I was stressed out about getting it up and then taking it down--felt like we were always rushed. Now, we put it up and get to enjoy it for many weeks. I would leave it up year round if the house was big enough!!
I love to sit back and just watch the kids do it all, its gotten easier of the years as they are older not to rearrange the ornaments, fill in the gaps, and straighten the branches. However the put things, they stay!!
 
 
It was so neat to watch the kids go thru each ornament and get excited and remember when and were they got them from. Makes it extra special!!



 
Our tree is filled so many ornaments that its leaning, the OCD person in me wanted to fix it but I didn't. That is what makes it special, the kids did it all by themselves!!
I think the most special part of it all, is our angels on top--we have 2!! Both are paper plate angels the kids each made when they were 2 and 4--I have used these every year since.
 
Our living scrapbook


No comments:

Post a Comment