Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas at midnight??

This is the first year that we didn't do Santa. It's been a bittersweet time and I am finally accepting (against my will) that the kids are growing up and this is just a closing to another chapter of their lives. I can't believe that we made it 9 years with Santa and loved all the magic and surprises of Christmas that came with it. No matter what, we will always keep the magic of Christmas alive.
 
Shopping was a little easier, no sneaking around to buy, wrap, stay up late to put together or put out. We simply did lots on line, had it shipped, wrapped it all and put under tree while kids were at school. I can get used to this---nice and simple
 
Guess this was the year of electronics at our house: Hunter asked for a beagle pup and Ipod. Hayley asked for an Ipad Mini., Brian for a Mini Max (some computer chip thing for his truck) and a new laptop for me (school starts soon) Yes, are all geeks and love every second of it!
 
After we got home from Ma and Pa's unpacked, put up, fed the animals and into our jammies it was after midnight, the kids asked to open presents. I had a hard time with this, but then thought its a win-win situation. They open their presents, play a while and then we all sleep in!!
*we went to bed at 1:30 and slept til 9:00!!*

Love him
 

Brian was first up and got he was all excited about his new toy for his truck. I have no idea nor do I care about what this thing does. He was trying to explain it to me and all I got out of it was, measures turbo, turning up truck, gages. A man and his truck!

 
Everyone in our family has been given nick names thanks to Brian and he refers to you as them when he is talking to you or needs you. Hunter's is Nuck (short for knucklehead), Hayley's is Piglett (this gal can eat) and I am...PORKY (the kids think this is funny...I LOVE MY FOOD!! I guess its way of showing he loves you, only my hubby!! Hayley thought it was funny to write this on my present
 
 


Woo Hoo a new laptop so that I can take some online classes and start writing all my papers for school.




wonder what it is



Could it be?????
Hayley made me this coffee mug, love it!


 
this is how we spend much of our evening, all on our new toys



So blessed that no matter how old the kids are getting, we will always cherish these memories of Christmas together



No comments:

Post a Comment