Friday, December 28, 2012

Rainbow

Its been a hard couple of days with lots of questions from the kids about the CT shooting. I have to tell you that I was in complete tears, torn, panic and disbelief. Here I was with Hayley at home sick with me and Hunter was at school. Yes, I was a panicked momma who texted his teacher and asked her to give him a hug and told him that I loved him. I just wanted my babies home with me, safe under one roof.  
 
I have a good friend, Kat,  who lives in CT and teaches, so I was texting her like crazy to make sure she was OK and its wasn't her school. Finally, I saw a post on FB (thank God for FB) from her Dad, that the school was about 2 hours (still TOO close) and Kat was still on maternity break. As far as friends and students, she was pretty certain that she didn't know anyone
.
So many thoughts have ran across my mind, my kids are asking questions, seeing things and having to deal with things that they should never have to think about at such a young age. My heart is broken for these families as they are having to deal with such horrific events. I just wish there was something that I could do, an answer that I could give that, or something that I could do that would help change this situation.
 
Monday, as I was into the gym and saw all my "kids" I couldn't help but get teary eyed--to think that this could of been our school--our students. I loved a little longer on them, hugged a little more, and was certain to tell each and everyone of them separately that I loved them and I pray for them daily. This is where being in a small, country school has it benefits. 
It was very hard to put them on the buses at dismissal and I prayed for their safety and that they would be back at their desks on Tuesday.
 
On the way home, I saw this....

 
The most amazing, bright and beautiful DOUBLE rainbow! Yes, we all watched it all the way home and I couldnt' help but get emotional once again about this and the promise God has for us--a reminder that he is still in control and a much needed sign that we need at this rime.

No comments:

Post a Comment