Monday, June 18, 2012

Miles for Matt

This past week my co-worker and good friend Mrs. Hahn (aka Jennifer or J Hahn), lost her husband, Matt, to rare form of brain caner (PNET). She is the sweetest, most caring and lovable person I know, not only is she the kids Gym teacher, but she is also their cross country and track coach. Needless to say, my kids LOVE her and have such an awesome relationship with her as well. I joke that she pays to much attention and spoils them too much. 

When the kids had cross country practice I would run at the park, we have talked several times about training and doing a race together but I was no where near ready. She is an AVID runner so she was always ready for a good run or race.  After talking to her she has said that she was ready to get back to running and training, our conversation lead to me somehow being talked into and agreeing to do the Triple Crown of Running this year and my goal is to run the Mini Marathon. We shall see.

Hunter and Hayley wanted to do something to help Mrs Hahn and so after we were talking one night at dinner they decided that they could start  MILES FOR MATT. For every mile that we run or walk we are going to put $1 in a jar and at the end of the year when Relay for Life comes we are going to donate it in his honor.

Today we decorated our jars that we are going to keep on the kitchen counter so that we can see them daily and remember to pray for all those who have been affected.


My kids are going wild with this idea and are always asking if we can go for a run or walk. I LOVE IT!! We all have goals:  Hunter's goal is $80, Hayley's goal is $60, and mine is $150! I know that is a ton of miles but when I think about WHY we are doing it I wanted to be pushed WAY out of my comfort zone!! I am hoping that we each break our goals. HERE'S TO FINDING A CURE FOR SUCH AN UGLY DISEASE!!

 
The kids already have $4.50

 I have $8.50


If you are reading this post, please take a moment and pray for J Hahn and all those families who have been cheated out on so much by this nasty disease!

No comments:

Post a Comment