Monday, June 18, 2012

Blue River Canoe Trip

After the crazy couple of weeks that we had, we took a much needed "get away" trip to rest and relax. We head to Blue River in Miltown, Indiana and enjoyed the day on a 15 mile canoe trip and camping. The weather was beautiful and it was the perfect day for a canoe trip.

Hayley was waiting for us to get all of our coolers down the hill

The scenery was beautiful, I am always amazed at God's creations in nature


This is where the laughter begins--it was much needed and never ending. I don't know who laughed more, Terri and I or the people watching us try and paddle.  I didnt' take my camera, afraid that we would tump over so these are taking as we launched.  Our theory was paddle, paddle, sip. The others were much more coordinated and motivated, they left us many times and had to wait for us to catch up. All in all it took us 5.5 hours to paddle 15 miles, Brian said that Terri and I paddled 18 because we kept going in circles.
Cody and Emily
Emily and Terri
Hunter and Hayley
We headed to Margeno Cave and set up camp...so relaxing!! I was no time before we had everything set up, food on grill, kids running around playing,  drinks in hand and music going. I LOVE camping!!
me and my man
Cody and Emily

My kids decided to have a pull up contest while we were waiting for dinner. Surprisingly, they are strong little boogers and did well--Hayley got 1 1/2 and Hunter got 4


Thanks a much needed get away with my family and the Bestie's family. Sometimes you just need those moments to regroup, recharge and be able to count all your blessing that are hidden in the everyday hustle and bustle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment