Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's day

I am just not the kind of girl who gets overly excited about Valentine's Day--its just another holiday and I could careless about it and so could my kids. Sad I know, but it is what it is! Yes, they still made their cards for their class parties and we did homemade (the best kind!) cards for Brian--but other then that it was just another day in the Wethington house.

Hunter had given Brian and I our card the night before since Brian wouldn't be home when the kids and I woke up. Sometimes this is the sucky part about having a hubby who works 3rd shift! During any major holiday (Easter, Mother/Father Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Day) he is off--he ALWAYS saves some of his vacation days so that he can wake up with us on these days....melts my heart that he thinks about that! 
 His card was so sweet and really from the heart, you know those moments where you are like they truly understand what it is to be a parent--loving, sacrificing and providing for your family. Made me get teary eyed, but that's nothing new!

*For the life of me I can't get these to rotate. SO ANNOYING!*

I had made the kids a little sign and got them a few goodies

Hayley made me a coupon book card and was so proud! I can't wait to cash some of these in.



Brian and I agreed that we are not going to get each other gifts, we are going to Gatlinburg this weekend and like I said this is just another holiday to us. I walked in the door from school to find these:
Yes, that is ROSES in a calf bottle!! The first time he brought me roses (12 years ago) that is the only thing around that could be a vase. I LOVE IT and now any flowers that I get or the kids pick for me, I put in my calf bottle vase, its how we roll on the farm!!

Hayley made Brian a sweet card and gave it to him after dinner



We spent the rest of the night just hanging out watching TV, doing breathing treatments and snuggling with each other. I am blessed to have such a loving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment