Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dr Visits

Hayley had her recheck from last weeks Oxygen Level issues this morning and Hunter has been trying to get a sinus infection this week so I got him an appointment as well. I tell you what, we either live at the Dr's or don't, with two kids you never can tell! I am not complaining because for the first 5 years of Hayley's live we were monthly visitors to Dr. Massey's office along with all her other doctors. It's a running joke that we support her financially and  if the kids ever get healthy and stay that way Dr. Massey will have to go bootlegging to make ends meet!  Nothing like job security these days!!!

Hunter was in heaven since I let him bring along his DS

Hayley was excited that she could finish a book she started last week.

Me and my kiddos
Both had to a another lung function test
Last week when we were in Dr. Massey was telling us about Marion (Dr. Eyre--he was our ENT--see how we support them financially?!) and his recent health issues and scare. Bless his heart,  hes been thru it and has been diagnosed with Colon Cancer. Hayley wanted to bring her some flowers to help make her smile!!!

Hayley, Dr, Massey and Hunter

**** Dr Massey was one of my patients when I worked at the Derm office and was preggers with Hunter. She has been our pediatrician ever since, 10 years and going strong. When we lived in Louisville she was practicing there and when we moved to Mt Eden, she switched practices and is now in Prospect. Same distance as it would be for us to drive to Louisville, its really is a God thing--she know my kids and their health issues so well and is constantly going above and beyond for them. When Hayley was so sick, there were many times when I called her at home and she met us at the hospital. She has the biggest heart ever--even on her days off she checked on us!  It's like having a "small town doctor in the big city" LOVE HER!!***

This is how well she knows me: I always come with a list of meds that the kids are on (this changes with the seasons and weather), and what I need refilled.  She never lets me leave without samples, coupons and scripts!!  
Today was 5 prescriptions (only 2 of them were refills), Nasonex coupons and an inhaler sample~its the little things that makes me happy! 

Verdict: Hayley's lungs were better, but now we are fighting an ear infection in her good ear (the one with the tub still in it)! Hunter is very congested and the makings for sinus infection/strep--got a good cough med and antibiotic to help him out!!

Brian has a nasty sinus infection last week and was on meds, he is starting to feel bad again so he went to doctors this morning to get another round of antibiotic!

After stopping to get our scipts filled, I was laughing at our pharmacy that is on the kitchen counter:
Allergy meds (all of us), Hayley inhalers (3 different ones), breathing treatments (2 different ones), Hunters cough medicine, Hayley and Hunter's antibiotic and Brian's antibiotic
Good thing that I am the only healthy one around here--someone has to be the nurse!

Here's to hoping your healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment