Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gatlinburg--Day 3

Well, it was our last day in Gatlinburg and we packed it full of lots of fun before heading home. We were watching the news while cooking breakfast and packing there was lots of talk about the "s word".....SNOW coming in that afternoon. I was jealous that it was coming but then I started to freak out because I HATE TO DRIVE IN IT!!! Brian reassured me that it wasn't coming til that night so that made me feel better!

Every time we have been to Gatlinburg we always pass a place called Wonder Works (http://www.wonderworksonline.com/pigeon-forge/) and its really cool looking from the outside but, we never had stopped simply because the kids had been too little. I was excited when we started talking about going there, especially since it was getting cooler and raining!


 It really is so cool inside--not very pricey either, you get so much for your money.  We did the whole museum, ropes course plus added Lazer Tag and it was $26 per adult and $18 for kids--that's with our coupon!! We stayed 4 hours and could of stayed longer, it was full of all kinds of cool and hands off exhibits.

Hunter and Hayley did the rock climbing wall.....


while the "big kids" (Jimmy, Brian, Paige and Peyton) did some really cool ride. Had the kids been tall enough, they would of been on there with them!

the pulley chair lifts
laying on a bed of nails
(I didn't do this bc I couldn't help but to think of bed bugs and lice--oh the joys of teaching!)


piano from Big

game like Operation

throwing a baseball at a Major League Game and told speed. (forgot what each person threw)



I have to say that this exhibit was pretty cool and kinda scary all at the same time. This was a big map of the whole world and you could zoom in on anything, states, roads, lakes, rivers, etc. Brian thought it would be cool to show the kids where we lived--it was freaky---

first we found Spencer County


and then we looked for Taylorsville Lake and our road- and it was pretty cool. We even zoomed in on our road and found out house--this is without the barn. I was pretty freaked out but in amazement at the same time. You can see our house and all the "dirt area" is the cow fields--
The ropes course was really neat and worth the wait (about 30 minutes). I have to admit, was kinda freaked out and having anxiety with this and I totally blame Brian.  He is like a monkey when it comes to these things (because of work) and the kids try to stay up with him.  If you fell it was only going to be about 6 feet and with the way you were strapped in and clipped to everything, I don't think it was possible to fall at all!!

Some really cool art projects made from scrap iron and a light


out of bubble gum


Lazer Tag was so much fun and full of laughter and squeals!!

This picture cracks. me. up!!

Brian was in 7th heaven running from everyone!

We stopped for a quick lunch on the way out of town and then hit the road. Once we got to 75 we saw signs that it was closed due to several accidents. At the 57 mile marker we were in stand still traffic for over 2 hours!!! Hayley was riding with me so I just popped in a movie and she was content.


I have to admit, I was jealous of the snow that they were getting and hoped that some might just follow us home since we were out Monday. The scenery was absolutely beautiful and peaceful--if being in traffic would always be like this I wouldn't mind at all.


Brian and Hunter were in front of me so they kept me entertained by texting and making faces. I had to laugh when I looked up and saw this.....


Sometime being a female is not fair---when you are male you can go to the bathroom any time or any place. Brian was proof of that, he had to go and blocked himself by standing in between the truck doors.
After being stopped for about 2 hours, we finally started to move, thank God!! I was praying that we would make it home safely in one piece and 2 cars. Once we got to Berea, it was clear of snow--thank you Jesus, we got gas and a quick bite to eat and headed home to good ole Mt. Eden. What was suppose to be a 4 hour drive ended up taking 7 1/2. I am not complaining, we all made it safely.

We are so thankful for a much needed relaxing weekend aways with awesome friends who are like family to us. Looking forward to our next trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment