Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for the 2010-2011 school year. I can't believe that summer is over, (BOO) and that we are old enough to have a 1st and 3rd grader! Both kids were excited to get back to school to see their friends  (they must take after me in the "social" part of school), new classrooms and teachers. I, on the other hand, am excited to get back into a routine (bedtime, homework, dinner, etc) as far as school goes.

Brian took off last night so that he could be here to take the kids to school, I tell you that we have the luckiest Daddy ever---he doesn't want to miss anymore then he has to! We put the kids to bed at 8:30, knowing that it was going to take Hunter AT LEAST a half hour to fall asleep and wanted both kids to get some good sleep.

At 10:30 this is what I looked over and saw. Someone was too excited to sleep, I think that she was more excited about this then Christmas Eve. Brian wouldn't let me put her back in her bed yet. He LOVED all the cuddle time he got with Hayley--she will never be too big to climb up and fall asleep on her Daddy's chest.

Kids woke up nicely and jumped in the shower

eating a yummy breakfast

I have this picture every year since Kindergarten

all smiles for 1st grade

then we enjoyed a yummy breakfast of biscuits



 We both took the kids to school today and get this DIDN'T walk them in.....don't you know that isnt' the COOL thing to do when you are a 1st and 3rd grader?!?!? They got dropped off at the car rider door :(

I did however make then pose for their yearly picture in front of the school sign and was very quick to remind them that I will do this every year of school until they are seniors!!

my third grader
my first grader

my kiddos growin' up too fast

I made Brian a bet as we were in car rider line that Hayley would spill her guts about every. little. thing. that happened as she pulls everything out of her book bag. Hunter, on the other hand, would be like pulling teeth--we would be lucky to get 10 words out of him. WRONG.....the both talked, and talked, and talked, some more about how awesome their day and teachers were. We ended their first day of school by treating them to McDonald's!! All in all it was another successful start to a GRRRREAT school year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment