Sunday, July 4, 2010

VBS Commencement

VBS commencement was Friday night (I know that I am behind on posting, it's been crazy here) and we had a great turn out, both campers and families. Each class got a chance to have their time in the spotlight and show off what they had learned earlier in the week.

The 2 & 3 year old introduced themselves (for the most part) and sang a really cute song. For those of you who have never experienced 22 little ones this age, its a MAJOR accomplishment just getting them to stand on stage and not cry!! Way to go Diana and team!!!

My class (4 & 5) sang two really cute songs complete with motions, thanks to Ms. Lindsey, and did a summary of the week with signs. I was so proud that we all had a great time and all my campers participated in the final day!!


The 6 & 7 year old (Hayley's class) did a cute song to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat, and had a lots of questions that they answered together and individually. Once again, I had a proud Momma moment, but didn't think to take pictures at the time.



The 8 & 9 year old learned the pledge to the American and Christian Flags as well as the Bible. Mr. Joel taught them two really cool songs and even accompanied them on the guitar with Mr. Ryan! I had another proud Momma moment when Hunter gave a complete (and I do mean complete) summary of the lesson on Monday, Adam and Eve. I was listening to intently, I didn't think to take pictures~


The other classes (9 & 10 and youth) also got their chance but by them my camera battery was shot and I was trying to entertain some little people who were waiting for their parents.

Thank you to all the adults who brought campers this week, it was well worth all the stress, craziness and sweat to see how much fun each child had. I hope and pray that they each learned something and will share it with at least one person!


No comments:

Post a Comment