Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rain is a good thing!?!?

Or at least that is what the song says!, We are trying to make the best of the weather, stay afloat and not got stir crazy from being inside so much.   This is what the drive looked like about 3pm yesterday:

Top of the drive looking towards the house

Bottom of drive looking towards Mitchell Lane

Last night I dumped 3 inches of water out of the rain gauge. I checked it when we came in from church and this is what I found:
it was overflowing at 5 inches. If you look at the top you can see the red floating ring where it meets the green. There is no telling how much we actually got since it was over flowing when we checked it!

All the roads were starting to flood by us, I was glad we got home from church when we did.


The cows are never in the barn unless we call them in to feed, but these past two days they have not moved out  at all--

Hayley had to take a picture of me in my rain gear (thanks LG &E) when we went out to feed. No matter what the weather, the cows have to be fed twice a day. I am not complaining about this, Brian has been working 18 days since Friday so I am trying to help him out!!  More points for wife of the year!!

I thought that this little stream was pretty--this is coming of the hill in front of the barn--

The kids kept asking if they could go out and play in the water..... I took a deep breath and told them to have at it (AS LONG AS THEY STRIPPED DOWN ON THE PORCH BEFORE ENTERING THE HOUSE) You are only a live once right?


look at that smile on his face

lovin' the action shots


Wild and Crazy boy!!

On a side note: I was told tonight that I was the "BEST MOM EVER" because I let them play in the rain. It's the simple things like this that makes my heart flutter and worth all the extra laundry!


The Culvert going across our drive is doing wonders--I could sit and listen to the water rushing over the rocks all day long--its so soothing!!

The back field is a muddy mess, especially where we have just burnt the holler, we now have another creek in the bottom....


I know that we are all sick of the rain that has been with us these past few days, but it could be worse--look at Tennessee and all the flooding they are having. Yes we may have water on the roads, in our basements, or back yards but at least we are still alive!  Just makes me count my blessings once again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment