Friday, January 18, 2013

A friend in time of trouble

I can't even begin to imagine being separated by several states and  living some thousands of miles away from my family. Yes, I live an hour away, in  Kentucky, its always been convenient enough for me to go home at a moments notice when the need arises. 
 
Wednesday (January 2), I got a text from Diana asking what I was doing because she was getting a game plan. This is so NOT like her, so I started to panic and called her right back.  (Bro) Josh was at Urgent Care because he wasn't feeling well and she was afraid he would be admitted to the hospital. The kids and packed up and headed over there to sit with the kids, I pushed her out the door and took over where she left off....baths, snacks, bed, laundry, dishes, you know the Mom thing. Several hours later they returned with the diagnosis with Kidney Stones.
 
There was a plan already in place for me to keep Lana and Nathan over night Thursday into Friday and then Sun into Monday because she needed to be in Colorado with her Mother who has having some major surgery. I couldn't imagine how torn she was--trying to be 2 places at once. I reassured her that I would take her kids as long as she needed and there was plenty of church "family" to take care of Josh and things that needed to be tended to here.
 
Well, early Thursday morning (Jan 3), Josh ended up in the ER with lots of kidney stone pain and meds, he was unable to function, so I got the kids earlier and kept them until Monday night. Lana and Nathan are the easiest, go with the flow kids I ever met.
 
Friday, they wanted to help with dinner, they chose hot dogs, mac/cheese and green beans!
 

Saturday we ran some errands, hit Wendy's for lunch (complete with a FROSTY!) and picked the kids up from Pop's
 

Lana loved helping feed the cows and playing with Tex
 

Dressed and ready for church

Monday we headed outside to play, I knew that Nathan would love the Caboose (its not everyday you have a  REAL caboose in your back yard). It was so cute to see them climb and play on this .
 
 
Cupcakes after dinner for Hayley's birthday
 
 

I am so blessed that I have a husband and kids that are so willing to jump in and help others when there is a time of need. Never once, did I hear "its not fair", s/he is playing with my toys, they are getting on my nerves, etc"  I really think that we were the ones who were blessed more by helping the Oedy's out.
 
Please continue to pray for them: Josh is doing better but still has not passed his kidney stones,Mrs.Davis will continue to need prayers for health and healing, and poor Diana, needs rest and things to be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment