Monday, May 7, 2012

Knott County Trail Ride--Day 2

Friday night about 3am blew in an awful storm--rain, wind and thunder!! The tent was a blowing every which way and was caving in, so I did what every good wife would do....wake her hubby up!! God love him, he works out in it every day, hes used to it, so he wakes up and did some maintenance to our tent. This storm lasted til about 10:30--it was not letting up for anything. We awoke to a nice little river in front of our tent


The campsites were a complete muddy mess


We talked to several people and checked the weather on our handy-dandy IPhone which showed 60% chance of storms until Sunday afternoon!! Brian and I agreed that we would pack up cam, ride for the rest of the afternoon and then head home. We were some wet rats packing up everything--it was a sight to see but everyone was doing it!!


As soon as we got the horses saddled the weather let up a little, so we got a good 30-45 minutes in before the rain started again! Not the way we had planned our day but were thankful we got to ride a little.

I had  an amazing time at Knott County Trail ride. It was everything I love: my hubby, Beautiful weather (for the most part), trails, scenery, camping out, live county music and horses. Props to my hubby for planning this and to my sisters for keeping my kids!
Definitely going back next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment