Saturday, October 15, 2011

Smart Kids

I can't believe that we have been in school long enough to get report cards already! Time is flying by this year, guess it's because we have been super busy with school and everything else. The kids brought home their report cards this week and I am SUPER PROUD of them both.  I honestly don't know where they get their smarts from because Brian and I were not the best students in school, must be from their Aunts!!

 Hunter is once again of the Principals' list, all A's.  We got back our results from the KCCT (like ISTEP for you Indiana people) test last year and he scored DISTINGUISHED in all areas tested!!! My little brain child, hope this continues for years to come. His teachers are please with his work ethic and behavior, guess he is saving his attitude for when he is home. He is very easy going and loves school (thank you, Jesus!), we have no problem with him doing his homework or assignments. He is on the Academic Team, which is right up his alley, and LOVES it. They practice once a week and will have competitions starting in January so that will be interesting. I just hope he doesn't ask me if I know the answer because some of the things he is studying makes my head hurt!!

 Hayley made all M's (meets the standard) and P's (progressing). This year has been good for her as far as a change from 1st grade, we still have somethings to work on. Hayley comes home most days and is worn out from "so much work."  I laughed at the comment Mrs. Kinzel wrote :"Hayley is extremely bright and very helpful. She is doing great in math and reading. She needs to work on using self control and not calling out. She also has a tendency to be bossy at times." Yep, that's my mother-hen daughter who has lots of Wethington and Fisher in her.  She was pretty embarrassed by this comment so I know she won't let happen again!!

I am beyond proud of both of my kids and can't wait to see the progress they make these next 9 weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment