Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Party

A few years ago (2), Brian had an idea that he wanted to have an annual Fall party. Something simple: hamburger/hot dogs, bonfire, hayride and pumpkins. Well, that lasted one year and each year it keeps getting bigger and bigger. God love my hubby, nothing he does is small, he goes BIG or goes home. I have learned to just let him do his thing because the more I nag about it the worse it makes it.  Each year we add something, and this year it was a bouncy slide and fireworks. (Well worth the $$ we spent) It was SO much fun and everyone was on it at one point during the night.
I called Aunt Amy, Uncle Jason and Keegan to tell them to come early so Keegan and the kids can test out the bouncy (and I needed Amy's help with a few last minute things)  We were walking to the field to check the pumpkins when they came so we "stole" Keegan from the truck so he could check pumpkins with us.

Brian wanted to mark the littlest pumpkin and the person who chose this pumpkin got a $1!!

 
COUSINS
Keegan, Hayley and Hunter


Farmer Brown
get it Keegan Brown (that's his real last name)
Aunt Amy joined in the fun


Me and my babies
they are getting TOO big

I had called Lori and told her that I really wanted to see Clayton and knew that he would have so much fun....kids, bouncy, food, hay, tractor.....everything right up his alley. He was beyond excited when he got here. I literally had to bribe him with not getting a pumpkin so he would eat!
After dinner we all (minus Jimmy and Stephen) loaded up on the wagon and headed to the field to get pumpkins. It was priceless seeing how excited everyone, adults included, were during this. I love the fact that we are blessed enough that we can make and share memories like this with our family and friends.

This is where Clayton was anytime that we were outside and on the tractor when I babysat him. I laughed because he didn't even think twice and climbed right into his "spot" with Brian and that made them both pretty happy boys!
Clayton and Hayley

me and my bestie (terri)




Hunter and Clayton
Belle and Hayley

Terri and Lucas
Keegan, Amy and Jason
After we returned it was starting to get dusk, so we lit the bonfire. It was the PERFECT evening!!!

No bonfire is complete without s'mores and good conversations into the wee hours of the morning. My stomach is still hurting from laughing so hard and eating so much.

I would love to know what Brian and Mary were talking about in this picture. Every time I look at it I have to laugh because Lord only knows with the two of them. Deep down inside they love each other more then they will ever admit!!


We are truly blessed with awesome friends and are already thinking about what to add for next year! Thanks for sharing in yet another successful and fun Fall Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment