Saturday, October 8, 2011

Deer Season 2011

Today was opening day of Youth Season for deer and Hunter was excited to go. This was the first year that he has hunted by himself, simply because he's not weighed enough to hold the gun without getting the crap knocked outta him.  Brian took off last night so that they could be in the woods as soon as the sun came up and hunt all day. 
The boys were in the tree stand by 6:20am and came home around 11:30, with no deer. . I was starting to get nervous because I know how Hunter can be when it comes to him wanting something so badly. After lunch the boys went hunting while Hayley and I went shopping and this was the text and pictures I got: 
 HE GOT ONE!!
 I was torn with emotion, excited that he got his first deer by himself and that Brian and him will always have this memory, but  a little sad that I wasn't there to witness it.  He is growing up to fast and it seems like lately its been over night. TEAR

 I couldn't wait to get home and talk to him about his big kill. He filled me in on every single detail and is already wanting to go back after church for the "big buck"

No comments:

Post a Comment