Friday, November 12, 2010

It's beginning to...

look at lot like Christmas!! I LOVE this time of year and can't get enough of it. Most people say I am nuts for putting our tree up this early, but that's just how I  roll!! I got sick and tired over putting the tree up and decorating the house a week or two before Christmas and then not being able to enjoy all my hard work. Usually, we have our tree up Thanksgiving weekend but we are booked full from this weekend until the end of December, so what a better way to spend a Friday night?? 

It was so awesome to sit back and watch the kids get excited to remember where each ornament came from!! Each year I try to put the date and name of any new ornaments so that when they get older they can look back and reminisce! 

Hunter's ornament from 2007
Hayley was reading her letter to Santa from last year
You can't decorate a tree unless you have a Santa hat on
OK so I am OCD when it comes to my Christmas tree, just ask my Momma, she will agree. I can remember living at home and spending hours on each branch making sure there were no holes and the lights were place properly. Thank goodness for pre-lit trees!! I let the kids put the ornaments on and if there are gaps, I just have to let it be and ignore it. The kids took their time and strategically placed each one.

The kids were so excited that after they put all the ornaments on the tree they decided make some for their teachers and friends!


 I had LOTS of help from my elves wrapping presents. They are not as neat or pretty  as I would like but we can honestly say that each present was wrapped with love!
What tree is complete without an angel?
These are Hunter and Hayley's angels that they made in Sunday school when they were little (5 years old)
I think that they are priceless and have been on top of our tree ever since and will continue to do so!
Hunter and Hayley you did a beautiful job and I am so proud!
*PS...T minus 42 days til Christmas!*

No comments:

Post a Comment