Friday, October 8, 2010

Joe Huber's

*I have no idea why the captions on the pictures are screwy. I have fix them and they are fine, but when I go to post they get all out of wack. Sorry, its bugging me to death but I am tired of fighting with them!*

The first grade classes went to Joe Huber's today for their field trip and I got to tag along!! Weather was perfect for such a fun filled day. Hayley was up, decked out in her pumpkin clothes (B, are you proud?) and at 'em bright and early, do you think we could have field trips everyday???

I have no idea where this flashing the peace sign came from. Apparently its the new "in" thing to do!
                    

 I think that most of the kids were more excited about riding the bus then anything!! The drive was adventurous at times: small, hilly roads + big buses passing semis= nervous Jessica.  All in all, it wasn't a bad trip for being that long of a drive with 2 classes of hyper first graders.
                                                              
                                                                  Hayley and Bonnie
     
                          
                                                            Tabby, Samantha and Belle
  Hayley and Bonnie kept themselves entertained by doing the little hand slapping, sing songy games. You know the ones you used to do on the playground when you were little. (Big Mac, Fila Fish, Quarter pound er french fry...you can thank me that you now are singing this in your head!!)


Once we got there we loaded onto the wagons and headed to the field to learn the history of the farm and a quick lessons about apples and pumpkins by Joe Huber (one of the grandsons).



Onto the Cartoon Corn Maze where the kids had to find all 7 characters: Bugs, Sylvester, Tom, Jerry, Rooster, Elmer Fudd and  Sponge Bob. Sadly the kids had no idea who half of these were. What happened to the good ole' cartoons (this is a whole blog topic in itself)??



                                                                  Which way to go???

 After the maze, we headed to the pumpkin fields in search of the perfect pumpkin. The kids were walking all over the place and finally the search ended with their picks:

                                                                        Hayley's pick:
                                                                           Belle's pick:
                                                                     Bonnie's pick:
 The girls decided to give me a quick concert on their pumpkins. Later they told me that is how you check to see if its a good pick or not!
This is the real reason why I (and most of the other parents) wanted to go on the field trip:
FRIED CHICKEN. CHICKEN N' DUMPLINGS. GREEN BEANS. FRIED BISCUITS. APPLE BUTTER. FRUIT SALAD.....need I say more??


                         This was Hayley's second plate....she LOVES fried chicken and can put away some food!
 We got our bellies full and turn the kids out in the barn yard to play and burn off some energy before our long drive home. They were here, there and everywhere!!


Mrs. Goodlett and Hayley

Barn Yard Slide



Kaelin and Hayley riding Rudolph

Bonnie, Kaelin, Hayley and Belle


It was such a fun filled day and this Momma is worn out! I am so blessed that I get the chance to do things like this with both of my kiddos. Before long I will be an embarrassment to them so I will just cherish the moments now!





No comments:

Post a Comment