Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Taste a Rainbow

I had found a really cute and easy recipe in my Family Fun magazine( http://www.familyfun.com/magazine) and couldn't wait for St. Patrick's day to get here so that I could make them for the kids class. All in all, it was a great project and the kids loved to help! We had lots of fun making these and the kids even did some "educational learning" as well: Hunter was telling me how many dozen I need to make 60--how many more I need, how many were baked, how much time left, etc. Hayley was telling me how to mix the food coloring to get certain colors (are you proud Mrs. Knapp?), how to spell each color, how many drops were added to each bowl all together, how many each class would get etc. The kids even were in charge of taking pictures of each step so that we could blog about it!

adding food coloring

our 6 different colors of dyed cake mix
(I thought it looked pretty)

Hunter was in charge of lining each pan

first color in was purple,

then blue,

then green,

then yellow,

Some little person had a little too much fun with my camera! Can you guess who??


then orange,

and red was added last
Brian and the kids could not wait until they all were baked so that they could lick the bowl and spoons

They were the cutest cupcakes I had ever seen.
It kind reminded me of Superman Ice Cream
yes, we had to try them out
and the result is....
thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment