Sunday, December 6, 2009

My thoughts...

just wanted to share some thoughts that have been on my mind and heart lately. I don't know why it seems that this time of year we ALL (yes, myself included), get over whelmed with the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Trying to make time for this and that, trying to coordinate times to be at this house or that house, who and what to buy for, the list could go on and on forever. But I am really trying not to get too stress out about this and much to my surprise, I have not been THUS far. Some of you all may say its because my tree was up the first week in November, presents were 3/4 bought, wrapped and under the tree, (Side note: now all my shopping is done) true, that may have something to do with it all--but I am had decided last year that I WAS NOT GOING TO GET STRESS AND DREAD CHRISTMAS. Holidays can either be enjoyable or miserable...they are what you want them to be.
Brian and I are blessed to have both of our grandparents living, his great-great grandmother, and both our parents alive too! We try to visit with them as often, but that isn't always case. We do get to talk to them frequently on the phone, blog, and send pictures to those out of town. As you can imagine trying to get to everyone house for the holidays can be quite an adventure in the least. This is when I keep reminding myself, I AM NOT GETTING STRESSED!
Would we like to have a holiday where we could stay at home and do nothing, YES, but wouldn't we all? We say that we would like that, but I know if that was the case, we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves. Soon enough, I am sure that will be the case, when the kids are all grown and out of the house. OK, so it may be another 15 years or so....
I love the fact knowing that we have so many family traditions that have been carried on and passed from generation to generation. I remember when I was small, gather at Grandma's on Christmas Eve, singing Christmas carols, waiting for Santa to arrive and seeing who was going to get read the Christmas Story from the bible that year (it's Hunter's turn this year)! Yes, we still do this!! We are now on the fourth generation!! How awesome is that? Easter egg hunts at Ma and Pa's, singing on Mother and Father's day at Pop and Nana's church, Paradise, Cookie Bake, and Thanksgiving Farnsley's are just a few....
Now that most of the kids/grand kids on both sides of our families are married and have families of their own, its nearly impossible to get everyone together. Please know that we cherish the times we are together and that we love each and everyone of you dearly...I know that I don't say that enough! Can't wait to see you at Christmas, (if it's your year to be at GG's) or the next family gathering for everyone else.
May each of you have a blessed Christmas and may your new year be filled with health and happiness!

Love you~
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment