Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Take cover

Today was the craziest day ever!! I was at school and we were breaking into our Guided Reading groups when all the sudden the tornado sirens went off!!!! Tracy and I hurried into the bathroom with 28 kindergartens--it was one of the longest hours of my life!!  My phone was going crazy with weather alerts/updates from Fox and we kept checking our weather aps and FB (SCOPNS) for updates on what was going on. Thank God for the Internet on my cell phone! (Yes, I did tell Tracy to grab my phone off my desk while I was hurrying kids to safety)
   After  about 30 minutes and trying to keep our sanity and kids from melting down, I did what any good blogger would do and started snapping pictures with my phone. It was so funny watching the kids pose and then die laughing at Ms. Cundiff and the faces she was making.
 I do have to say that I am blessed to work with such a fun and crazy lady, she definitely makes and keeps things interesting. You never know what is she is going to say or do next!!

Tracy and one of her dramatic poses

I know about all the privacy acts and how you are not suppose to take pictures or post them unless you have a sign media consent form from the parents. I am posting this picture of Ashlyn only because I got to church with her family and they wont care!! I died laughing because I snapped this at the right time--look at her mouth wide open. We have laughed about this all. day. long.

We finally got the "all clear" to return to the classroom and were so thankful to spread out and have our own space!! Needless to say the kids were wild the rest of the day and I was worn out. I am so thankful that I am able to be at school when things like this happen (even tho I didn't get to see my kids, I know that they were in good hands!).

Here's to a calm rest of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment