Saturday, July 16, 2011

Drive In

Brian and I surprised the kids and took them to the Drive-In to see Zoo Keeper (AWESOME!) and Cars 2 (I liked Cars 1 better). They had no idea where we were going when we picked them up from Pop and Nana's. All they knew was that the truck was packed and we were going to do something that was so much fun and  I used to do as a kid!!  It was the perfect summer night weather wise and we even got to enjoy this with our friends, Terri (aka T), Lucas, Noah, Call.


I always get ate up with mosquito's and am miserable no matter how much bug spray I use. Someone had told me about tying dryer sheets onto your clothing to keep bugs away and what a better  time to test it out then at the Drive-In.
I didn't not get one. single. bite. on my ankles/legs!!! Lots of people looked at me weird and I even had some people stop and ask me if it works. From now on I guess I will look silly but don't care because I won't have bites.

 The first movie was a 9:35 and we arrived at 7ish only to find ourselves about 30 deep and the gates still shut. We  knew that we were WAY early but planned it that way because that's half of the drive in experience is getting to go play on the swing set with others while we got everything ready. We parked  5 rows back and had perfect view of the playground so we got to relax for a while before the movie.



As Terri and I were setting up our area, Brian went to go play with the kids. I looked up and this is what I saw.....
Hayley and him swinging. It was the sweetest thing ever. I have the best husband, he is such a big kid!

Hayley was a sweaty hog (imagine that) before the movie started and came running up to me saying that we had to have a Mommy/Hay picture for our blog. LOVE IT!!

Brian treated the kids to a funnel cake, I still say this is because he loves them and secretly wanted to eat both of them


A quick picture of our bunch before the movie started

and proof that Terri and I were there too!!
Thanks for joining us for such a fun night. We are looking forward to our next Drive In Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment