Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Horrible, no good, very bad day!


You know those days when you should just go back to bed and stay there? Well, that was our day last Thursday. I finally fell asleep (durn insomnia), over slept, had 45 minutes to get kids up, dressed to work (20 minute drive), spill coffee on pants on way and spill rest of coffee all over car. Finally get to work, get a text from J Hahn that Hayley fell during running club  and her ear was bleeding. No biggie, its Hayley and she tough but thankful that she texted me! 5 minutes later, I get a call from school saying they were waiting for the Nurse to get there and look at it. The ladies in the office know me well and all of Hayley's medical problems, so they baby her lots!! Then I get the dreaded phone call, "ummm--you really need to come and get Hayley--its pretty bad" I flew out the door and yup, they were right--pretty nasty!
 
We went to see Dr Massey, I was worried about her tube in her and thankfully, she said it all looked fine and was still in place!! Bad news, she wanted us to see plastic surgeon because of where the cut was and how it was (deep and short). We got in with the surgeon, he was wonderful and so  patient and caring, she was a mess!! Kept crying and telling them she wanted the "mask." Poor thing, she's been in the hospital so much and has had so many surgeries she knows what is coming  next!!
 
 
 
lots of ice and compression on way to Dr's


Hayley ended up with 9 stitches (3 in front and 6 in back) for 10 days and a heavy dose of antibiotics. We are hoping that this heals and wont have any ear problems out of it




Sleeping Thursday night was non existent--up every hour or so screaming it was hurting, I really thought I had a new born again!!
 
 
Friday afternoon she slept off and on all day long--it was much needed for the both of us

 
I have to laugh because I always say running is dangerous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment