Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tree Farm Fun


Sunday, was the perfect day to spend outdoors enjoying this BEAUTIFUL weather we have been having. We loaded up the truck and headed to Indiana to check out the tree farms. We stopped by Grandpa and Grandpa's nursery (Lincoln Springs) on the way, they are just now getting all their stock in and people have been buying it up like crazy since the weather has been so nice!!  It has been forever since we spent a day there (Hayley was a toddler) and we wanted to see all the things that have changed since then. I can remember setting Christmas Trees with Brian and his Uncle Doug back when we were dating, 12 years ago!!

 Christmas trees were all around as far as you can see

I have a picture of the kids in this exact pose when they were 2 and 11 months--I wish I could of found it!!
LOVE walking around and seeing all the different types of trees, shrubs and plants they have growing!!

Every time we are out and I see these wildflowers I smile, there is something about yellow flowers in spring that brings instant happiness to my face. Brian will never stop the car and let me dig them up but today he couldn't stop me!! I was in HEAVEN and got a ton to plant in planters and in my yard!!


there is something to say about a Daddy and his Daughter
After we walked around and piddled in everything we decided that it was time to sight in the kids guns!! They are now getting big enough that they are asking to hunt more (squirrel, rabbit, and Hunter is wanting to start Coon hunting--LORD HELP ME!), think its just because they like to shoot their guns. 
It was last Spring when the kids had last shot their guns and they picked them back up like it was nothing. I was very relieved that there was NO meltdowns!!


Hunter took to shooting the target like a Pro!! He struggled a bit with the moving target and I think it's because of his eyes. After a couple of practices and coaching from Brian he HIT it and was SUPER excited!!

Hayley hit the moving target on the first time but struggled with the still target! Complete opposite of Hunter. I am thankful that each of my kids are so different in areas and we celebrate the differences, Lord knows that I couldn't handle two kids completely the same :)


Blue River is just down the road from the farm and we have talked about going on a canoe trip this summer with some friends . We stopped and showed the kids where we would put in and the neat bridge. This is one of Brian's favorite memory he has as a child, how neat that we are passing it down to our kids. PRECIOUS MEMORIES!!

So thankful for a much needed family day out in nature. It doesn't get any better then this!



No comments:

Post a Comment