Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ky Derby Museum

Hayley's class had the perfect day for a field trip to the Kentucky Derby Museum and I am lucky enough that I got to tag along.We have never been there and she was super excited to see where the Derby takes place!!  I am counting my blessings and days that I am able to do these things because I know that soon enough these days will be over.

First up was Rhythm Around the Track: very neat program, kids learned about the different sounds they may hear and got to make and play their own song with horse type instruments (brush, pick, comb, horse shoes)

Next up was a quick walking tour of the Paddock area. No horses were out but we did get to see where they stall and walk them onto the track. Lots of preparations were going on to get ready for Derby 139!! Painting like crazy and they were changing the "numbers" while we were there. How exciting!!

Hayley was excited that she found Secretariats name...excellent movie you must watch!


We headed back inside where the kids got to watch a neat little movie about the history and what goes into making the Derby so special and then spent the rest of the afternoon looking and playing at exhibits.

My little jockey wanna be



As soon as I saw Hayley go to this exhibit, I knew that my Daddy would be proud!! Watch out you now have a Granddaughter who is getting a taste of  horse racing in her blood. I see a day at the Downs in the near future!!

She picked a horse (based on the name), placed a bet ($2 to win),

watched and cheered her horse on


and then WON!!!


What a perfect way to end a day at the track..winning!! We headed to Fazoli's for lunch, she was in heaven....horses and spaghetti make for a perfect day in her book!!


No comments:

Post a Comment