Saturday, March 10, 2012

*S*N*O*W* in March?!

We FINALLY got a measurable amount of snow on Monday, 4 1/2 inches to be exact and had our FIRST snow day!! I wasn't all that excited about the snow because of the beautiful, 60 degree weather we have been having!! One the tother hand, I was quite excited about the snow day because that meant a 3 day school week for us--PD day on Friday!!

There is something about waking up to a freshly fallen snow and the beauty and peacefulness that comes along with it.

The kids finally and asked to go out and play in about noon after I told them that it was going to start melting. I couldn't quit laughing at them, it was like the first time they have seen snow all over again!! Guess when you are used to having some each yer and then not having any at all this year, it was exciting!!!



Since we had just had 2 inches of rain the day before the ground was still pretty soggy and muddy. Needless to say our snow didn't stay white very long. There is something about kids and mud or is it  living on a farm and mud?!



Hayley worked very hard on her SNOW WOMAN--she corrected us each time we said snowman and told us that we had to be politically correct.  I am in constantly finding myself laughing at her with the funny things she comes up with.

Hunter always seems to amaze me with his thought process, its almost scary! He was rolling these HUGE snowballs and  couldn't find a way to get them to stack on each other.

I sat back and watched because I wanted to see how he was going to handle this and offered my help. After declining help and 10 minutes later, I turn around to see this......


He had went to the barn to get a pitch fork  and strategically  placed it under the snowball so that he could get leverage and pry it up.....SMART BOY!!!  Can we say that this is FPS (Future Problem Solving) Academic Team paying off???


Brian came home just as we were getting ready to head in for the afternoon and so another snowball fight broke out. He is the biggest kid of all. Wished I would of gotten more pictures but I was taking cover.


I am so thankful and blessed that I get to enjoy unexpected days off with the kids. They are growing up too fast and I know that the days are coming when they don't want to be caught dead hanging with Momma.

My Snow Babies


No comments:

Post a Comment