Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001


10 years ago today, I was 6 months pregnant with Hunter. I remember having phone duty at work and was lucky (?) enough to be on the side where the MOHS waiting room was and could see the TV. I was on the phone with a patient and all the sudden Dr. McCall and Lynn coming running down the hall into the waiting room, glued to the TV for obvious reasons.We had a full schedule that day, but needless to say not may people came to their appointment. After my scheduling was done, I went to the waiting room and watched as the towers and tears fell with my co-workers. My emotions were all over the place, I was: numb, guilty, terrified, sick, sacred, upset, and confused. Tears couldn't be held back as we sat glued to the TV, time. stood. still. I didn't move all day long.

 I wanted to be with  Brian and my family in fear that we would be the next to be attacked. I wanted to run and hide somewhere safe, but where?  How could I protect my unborn child? Brian came to work because I was so upset, I just HAD to see and touch him, afraid it would be the last time.I couldn't let him so, I felt so safe in his arms.

Never once as I was watching the events unfold in front of me, did I think that it would hit as close to home as it did. I had family and friends who were in the military, but never thought about the affect this would have on their life at that moment. It's nothing that I ever want to relive nor do I want anyone else to have experience it like Heather and her family.  I couldn't imagine losing a sibling/child ever---and especially while he serving in the military and over seas.  No words I could say then or 7 years later, can comfort her, or ease the pain and hole in their live.

I am forever grateful and in debt to the Faulkner family for Daniel. For the friendship and memories that we had together, for the lives that he touched, for seeing him the last time he was home, for ALL he gave, just wish THANK YOU was enough.  It's was 7 years ago on Sept 8 that he lost his life. Heaven truly welcomed a angel on that day way to early. It is what it is, can't change it, have to accept it, and live every day like it's the last because of it, it's what Daniel would of wanted.

So, today we as we celebrate the 10 year anniversary, I will once again relive many emotions as I pray for those families who lost loved ones,  shed tears for those who gave it all selflessly, comfort my kids and answer their questions as I  embrace this as another teaching moment with my children.

Thank you to those serve so that we can continue to live in "the land of the free and the home of the brave"


To read about Daniel's story visit: http:ourhometownhero.com



No comments:

Post a Comment