Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ms. Sweazy


Disclaimer: I normally only blog about the kids and our crazy, wild life but really wanted to do something special for a dear friend of ours, Ms. Sweazy. She has NO idea that I am doing this blog, guess she will find out when she reads!! This far in my life, I have neve had to watch nor battle my weigh and I am extrememly thankful and blessed.  Who knows, the older I get this could not be the case and I may be in "the other shoe." I have many loved family and friends who are constantling battling theirs and my heart breaks knowing that I could lose a loved one to obsiety, I pray this never happens.
                                             Dedicated with love to: RAS, my loyal blog stalker




 Hayley had a wonderful Kindergarten teacher in 2009, Ms. Sweazy, and we have been friends since Hunter started school in 2007. She is someone very special to us and we are blessed that she is one of my "loyal blog stalkers" and we are her bedtime story every night! If I haven't blogged for a while she is sending me texts asking where he story is.
I can't even begin to express how proud Hayley and I are of Ms. Sweazy. She has been battling her weight forever (she will even tell you this), has tried many unsuccessful diets but has finally found one after lots of research and joined a special diet program(HMR Diet) at Baptist East a while ago and the results AMAZING!!!
Every Tuesday we get our "fat class" (these are her words, not mine) update on how much weight she has lost for the week.  This class is serious; she has to log her intake amounts, exercise, moods, journal and even gets phone calls to check in on her. I guess we are her accountablity partners in some ways, but more then anything, we are her biggest cheerleaders!!! This has been a life changing  experience for her, eating differently and exercising daily!! Something that has not been easy or fun, but she has stuck with it and is in it for the long haul.
 We had not seen Ms.Sweazy all summer and on the first day of school I was walking to the gym and saw her and started screaming and cheering!! Literally my mouth hit the floor because of the drastic change. I knew we were going to get a new teacher in the building and thought it was her!!! Hayley was telling everyone she saw about how different Ms. Sweazy looked!! I think she was more proud then Sweazy herself!!
 I have to laugh when I am subbing and she gets stressed out because she has not drank or ate her scheduled amounts at certain times!! Yesterday, when I was working I get a text from her with a picture that she was chosen as Healthy Hero for Spencer County. This was a total surprise and shock to her,  I hated that I didn't get to be there and see her reaction but I went over after work to see it!! SHE IS PROUD as she should be and what a better honor for someone to get! She is serious about this and it has paid off 10 fold!! Ms Sweazy has lost 127 pounds in 8 months!!!!!
 I have included some pictures (with her permission) of her and Hayley. I just wish that I would have more from the month to month.


Dec 209

Healthy Hero Award
September 7, 2011
September 13, 2011
 We are beyond proud of you for hard work and your loss this far. Keep up the good work and know that we are cheering you on!! Looking forward to celebrating your next goal with you...maybe I can treat you to some blueberries or HGC pudding?!

No comments:

Post a Comment