Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Girls Weekend

I had an amazing time this past weekend at Women of Joy with the girls. This is a weekend that we all look forward to each year and make the most of it--catching up with each other at long kid-less dinners, shopping and relaxing. It's what helps us to be a better mom,wife, daughter, aunt, granddaughter, sister and person--a time to get recharged and refocused.
Our wild and crazy group:
Amanda, Manda
Me, Diana, Lesley, Lindsey, Roxane and Tanya
 
As we waited for the event to start, we entertained ourselves, playing on none other then Facebook,
 and taking random pictures.





My stomach hurt from all the laughing by the end of the night. We were all wild and pumped because of the conference and that UK was playing in the Sweet 16 that night as well. A perfect day: girl time, dinner at Cracker Barrel, and UK game....heaven on earth!!



I have to admit we were dragging a little on Saturday morn, thanks to super exciting, late, nail biting UK win over OSU that wasn't over until midnight. In no time we were awake with some awesome music and laughs with Charles Billigsly--we have decided that he is super cute and crazy. Can I get an AMEN?!
I wish that I had taken more pictures of the speakers but I was too busy paying attention that I honestly didn't think that much about it until now! Liz Curtis Higgs had us in stitched laughing, can't wait to go to library and get her books. She puts a whole new perspective on stories of the bible and is super funny to boot! Lisa Harper from Focus on the Family lead another session that was wonderful as well. Gave us lots to talk about over a yummy luch at Cheesecake Factory!!

Manda being silly during our wait for lunch.
 The late night game was now catching up with us!
I love to sit and watch people, and it  entertains me for hours on end. Bless this poor lady's heart, she was at the table next to us, I just kept staring in amazement...the hair. It was the BIGGEST thing I have ever seen. All teased up, she had to use atleast a whole can of Aqua Net and a metal pick. Oh and then there were the hoola hoop sized earrings and baby blue eye shadow--came to a group conculusion she was from TEXAS!!

After luch we hit the malls, so nice to be able to shop WITHOUT kids and actually able to take our time. I do have to admit, I mostly bought for the kids and nephews and neice--I just couldn't help myself! Maybe because I missed them and Brian lots!

We had AWESOME seats for the Casting Crowns concent! Guess its because we came up with a plan over lunch as to where we wanted to sit and how to go about getting our seat. It was perfect--until the opened the doors early AND while we were taking a group picture!

*Insert a herd, yes I said herd, of women (ages 30 +) taking off like horses in the Kentucky Derby and with our cameras. A third of us stood in amazement and fell to the  floor laughing so hard, a third  ran to save our seats and the other third were yelling and running to get our cameras back from the nice ladies who were taking our pictures..I can quit laughing about this as I type*

 
8,000 women was a pretty cool sight!

Me and Diana
Casting Crowns Concernt
The following pictures are what you get when your girlfriends highjack your camera--one of the many reasons why I love them so much--never a dull moment.

Manda

Lindsey and Roxane

Our awesome seats for the concent..10 rows up on the side....PERFECT!!!


I love this picutre..the pregrant lady is hungry and eating cheesecake in line for Casting Crowns!

Thanks for such a fun filled weekend, same time, same place next year. A special shout out to all those who made our tip possible by keeping our kiddos!!
YIPPEE SKIPPY for WOJ 2011 !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment