Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Just writing about our Thanksgiving makes stuffed all over again. Every year we start our Thanksgiving day off with Brunch at Ma and Pa Wethington's. It's SO good--my mouth is watering...homemade biscuits, gravy, county ham, bacon, sausage, casseroles, Chelsey's cranberry thingy, fruit....the list goes on and on! I didn't even get my camera out because I was too busy eating my weight in food!
For lunch we stopped by the Farnsley...we didn't eat too much because we were still full from brunch. Had a great time with Casey, Darla, Uncle Doug Grandma and Grandpa--(Steve came later). It was great getting to catch up with them and letting the kids wreck havoc as they always do. Hayley was SO excited to show off her deer picture and story with them as well!
On the way home we stopped by Sandi's and Joe's to visit for a while....we don't get to see them much so we did a "SURPRISE VISIT" they were more then excited to see the kids (and us, so they say!) This was our first experience with a Wii, and I have a feeling that it just might make it's way under the Christmas tree! I don't know who had more fun, the kids or Brian. Hunter and Hayley also had lots of fun playing with Jersey...the miniature Tea Cup Yorkie!!
I missed not being with my side of the family on this holiday, but when you are blessed with such a large number of living relatives (both Brian and I have grandparents who are alive) and divorced parents, you make sacrifices....(we alternate Christmas Eve/Thanksgiving with my Grandparents) I know that we will make up for it at Christmas Eve when we are at the Spitznagels!
Brian, Amber, Hayley and Hunter
(the last picture we have like this is at their wedding 2 years ago)

Hayley and Daddy bowling on the Wii


Daddy golfing
(told you he had more fun then the kids)



Hayley, Hunter and Jersey




Hayley and Jersey


No comments:

Post a Comment