Friday, May 3, 2013

My little Hunter


Sunday morning on the way home from church, we say THE BIG TOM that was teasing Hunter all day Saturday when hunting. He could see him but the stinker wouldn't come in close enough range to be shot. Pretty smart, uh?!  We hurried and ate lunch and Brian took BOTH kids hunting so that I could have some peace and quiet for studying. (I am so thankful to have such a caring and thoughtful husband). About 2 hours later, I heard a shot!!  I Immediately texted Brian and he said YES it was them--I put on my shoes and ran to the field, so excited!!
 
This is what I saw first....
HUNTER GOT THE BIG TOM!!!  Look at that beard almost touching the ground, it was HUGE

Ms Thang was so excited that she got to carry the guns. There were UNLOADED and we have taught out children gun safety since they were little. They know what they are allowed and not allowed to do and we are ALWAYS with them when they have a gun.
 

Mr Tom was heavy so we had to stop and rest, Hunter instructed me to take a picutre to send to everyone. Can ya tell how excited he was?!

Once we were back home, we measured the beard...10 1/2" with 1" spurs

and took the traditoional "kill" photo for the baby books and bragging rights
 
Hayley wanted to try and lift it, poor thing was heavy and as long as she is! Brian guessed about 23 pounds

While we were waiting to clean it, Hunter said he was trying to be like his Daddy. Love his sense of humor
 
Cleaning a bird is a family project, lots of teachable moments here
 
So thankful that my chidren are blessed with a hands on father who loves to share special moments like these with them. I cherish the moments because before too long they will be all grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment