Monday, May 13, 2013

1st semester...complete

After a 15 year break I finally have finished my first semester of college. I had taken some classes right after high school but decided with the help on my grades and the bank of my parents, that it wasn't for me at that time.
I have tossed around the idea about going back in between having kids/Nanning/subbing and its never been the "right time" or something that I wanted to do. After much prayer and discussion the Brian and the kids, the cards were starting to line up.
 
I said that I wanted to go back to school and get my degree (ECE/LBD/Special Ed)  under MY terms:
1) NOT taking any time away from my family. I am a MOMMA and WIFE first.... (homework and study time when kids are in bed/school)
2) classes MUST be while kids are in school
3) paying CASH for everything--LOANS are not an option here
4) to GRADUATE before Hunter does in 2020
 
My family has been wonderful and the biggest encourager and cheerleader I could ever ask for. The kids get so excited when I have class and are always asking if they can help with my homework and help me study.
 
I am so blessed that I am able to do this while also being a Momma. Its very important to me to show my children that its never too late to follow your dreams and that in life you have to make the most of every situation you are handed.
 
I am happy to say that I completed my first semester with all A's. Its been a trying time figuring out the right balance but I did it. Can't wait until next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment