Sunday, October 7, 2012

Cross Country Meet #1

Hunter has his 1st cross country meet on the 19th  in Frankfort. I really didn't know what all to expect since this is a "new" sport for us. My sister, Amy, ran in high school but I don't remember going to her meets. I can't even begin to explain how pumped and excited he was about this meet--I was nervous to the point of getting sick
 
 
Morgan call him right before he got on the bus. I really wished that I would of recorded their conversation, it was beyond sweet. Hunter received some last minute tips and was sitting high on cloud 9 the rest of the day
 
 
The weather was beautiful, sunshine and blue skies--this was a very thankful Momma considering that we were suppose to have rain all day long.
 
I got some last minutes snuggles and lovin' in on him before his team arrived. He was not very happy about wearing his sport glasses, but afterwards very glad he wore these running!
 
Brian was soaking up some extra snuggles with Hayley
 
Our first picture as Cross Country parents
 
 
anxious and ready
 
stretching
(that's his girlfriend, McKenzie, next to him)

last minute instructions from Seabolt

and they are off.....
 
 
Hunter ran AWESOME!! He was very proud of his time and placement. Now we know were our baseline is and can go from there.
 
 
1500 meters
38th out of 207 runners
6:51:39

No comments:

Post a Comment