Friday, July 5, 2013

Surgery update.....





**These pictures may be graphic but I was asked to post pics for outta town family**
 
I am still in the healing process but did take few pictures of my 2 week (6/17) follow up.
 X-rays showed that I am starting to heal and no complications this far!! I had every other stitch taken out (10 sutures removed) from where they put my plate in, and covered it back with a bandage.
They also removed the 3 from my screws in my ankle.

 
Biggest excitement of the day was that I was graduating out of the soft cast and into a BOOT!! I can take this off when I am awake, sitting down and foot is elevated. Might now sound like a big deal, but this means that air can get to my leg, and I can wash and put lotion on it!! (no shaving yet, skin is too tender and sensitive).
 
 
 I was scheduled to come back 10 days later for the rest of the stitches to come out, 10 more were taken out and had 4 steri strips added. These should fall off in about a week and be totally healed, incision wise.
 
 
Steri strips fell off and its looking so much better! I am still having to keep it elevated most of the day, I am slowly getting out and about more. The kids and I ventured out to church on Wednesday night. I felt normal (for the most part) and was very thankful to be out and see all my babies, I have been missing them like crazy.
 
 
I will got back on 7/18 in hopes of another graduation into a different boot and start toe walking!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment