Saturday, July 20, 2013

I can walk!!!


Today was my 8 week check up with Dr Oster and I was super pumped. I knew that I was going to get good news and had already warned Brian that I WAS going to walk and if not I would cry and throw the biggest temper tantrum ever!!!

Good news: I can WALK with my boot on, wear a normal sock, regular shoe and drive in 2 weeks, follow up in 1 month. 
GOD IS GOOD!!!

This picture is taken 10 days post op. You can see my break on screw 3 from the bottom. It was nasty, think Kevin Ware but no compound. Also you can see the 2 screws in my ankle 

This picture is 8 weeks 5 days post op. I'm healing nicely and full on metal

 
Here's my lovely, clunky boot that I have grown to hate these past 8 weeks. Honestly, not been that bad most of time just hot and hard to get comfortable at night. 

My foot almost looks normal!! Swelling can last up to a year. I will take that any day 
I don't know what I am most excited to do first:
Soak in a hot bath
Sleep without my boot
Wear a normal sock
Get a pedicure 
Wear a normal bra (crutches rubbed my sides so I've been in a sports bra)

First things first, I've been slowly taking baby steps and then get the hang of it. Feels weird after you haven't been allowed to put weight or walk on it did 8 weeks.  Hopefully by tomorrow ill be walking better. 

My hubby loves me and stopped for Krispy Kreme to celebrate. Just what I needed more pounds packing on

 Can't wait to walk some more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment